Southern Perry County Academic Endowment FundProject led by Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
About the Southern Perry County Academic Endowment Fund.
The Southern Perry County Academic Endowment Fund (SPCAEF) was established in 1987 to create resources to promote learning experiences for the residents of the Southern Local School District in Perry County. Today, SPCAEF partners with FAO to provide scholarships and mini-grants to promote academic excellence and sponsor enrichment opportunities for Southern Local students and citizens.
The SPCAEF Family of Funds includes more than 20 donor-established funds offering a variety of scholarships and grants to support students, organizations, and schools in Southern Perry. These funds include:
- Ben and Alyce Shaver Scholarship Fund
- Blake Underwood Student Learning Grant Fund
- Bob and Ruth Holland Community Fund
- Briggs Family Scholarship Fund
- Bruce and Dolores Hannah Scholarship Fund
- Catherine Blankenship Scholarship Fund
- Charlene Joseph Scholarship Fund
- Commander Lambert Scholarship Fund
- Corning Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
- Donald and Catherine Palmer Scholarship Fund
- Hazel Post Fisher Community Fund
- Jack and Clara Reho Scholarship Fund
- Jesse, Olema & Ralph Drake Scholarship Fund
- John and Elsie Exenkemper Scholarship Fund
- Joseph and Marie Lichtenstein Scholarship Fund
- Murray and Lulu Brown Scholarship Fund
- Paul & Charlotte Hope Scholarship Fund
- Robert Woodruff and Charles & Elizabeth Woodruff Scholarship Fund
- Shawnee Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
- Southern Perry County Academic Endowment Fund
- Vincent and Gene Hope Scholarship Fund
- William and Frances Dunlap Scholarship Fund
In 2021, SPCAEF over 40 scholarship awards to students in Southern Local Schools. To learn more about the 2021 scholarship recipients, visit here.
Special match opportunity.
For a limited time, all gifts to the Southern Perry County Academic Endowment Fund will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000!
Help us secure match for SPCAEF so we can make a greater difference together!
The Southern Perry County Academic Endowment Fund committee.
The Southern Perry County Academic Endowment Fund is driven by a local, volunteer committee. The committee works to ensure that gifts to the Fund make the greatest impact in the Perry community through meaningful grant awards.
The Southern Perry County Academic Endowment is composed of Tony Davis, Missy Jones, Keith Maxwell, Jim Palmer, Angie Plant, Albert Siemer, and John Winnenberg.
FAO staff comments.
Southern Perry County is a part of the region where the philanthropy gap is most acute, exacerbated by the geographic isolation of the county. SPCAEF provides valuable grant and scholarships resources to students and community members in this part of our region.
Make a donation.
In a unique Cause Connector opportunity, 100% of your gift to SPCAEF will be invested to expand the resources available for local grantmaking each and every year for generations to come.
While match is available, your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000.