Community Foundation for Perry CountyProject led by Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
About the Community Foundation for Perry County.
The Community Foundation for Perry County was created to assist the Perry County community in growing philanthropic resources to enrich quality of life. All gifts to the Community Foundation for Perry County are invested in an endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO). From its interest and earnings, this Fund will make grants to support the community for many years to come, ensuring permanent resources designed to address Perry County’s changing needs over time.
Our work together has already made a difference, and with further investment, our impact on the nonprofits, schools, and communities of our treasured county will only grow. Recently, the Community Foundation for Perry County awarded grants to organizations serving Perry County:
- Habitat for Humanity of Southeast Ohio to support the 2022 Perry County Habitat Build with the next home slated for Junction City;
- American Red Cross – East Central Ohio for the Home Fire Campaign in Perry County toward fire safety training and assistance;
- Ludowici Community Foundation for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library to support the expansion of this program;
- Perry County Job & Family Services for the Perry JFS Diaper Bank providing diapers and wipes to parents in need;
- Rural Action, Inc. for Family Fishing Day at Lake Tecumseh;
- Tecumseh Theater for the Winter Arts Camp for children, creating a community work of theatrical art, culminating in a group performance;
- New Lexington Schools for the Little Free Library to be established at the entrance of the New Lexington Elementary fitness trail; and
- Perry County Cultural Arts Center for the Hansel and Gretel Musical Production Workshop, a two-week theatrical workshop for students, culminating in the production of “Hansel and Gretel”.
Special match opportunity.
For a limited time, all gifts to the Community Foundation for Perry County will be matched dollar-for-dollar!
Thanks to matching funds awarded to FAO by the Ohio Legislature, $300,000 is available for match to the Community Foundation for Perry County. There is no limit to how much can be matched by a single donor!
Help us secure match for Perry County so we can make a greater difference together!
The Community Foundation for Perry County committee.
The Community Foundation for Perry County is driven by a local, volunteer committee. The committee works to ensure that gifts to the Foundation make the greatest impact in the Perry community through meaningful grant awards.
The Community Foundation for Perry County committee is composed of Jeanette Addington, Judge Luann Cooperrider, Jeff Dennis, Tony Fiore, Deb Hutmire, Mayor Tom Johnson, Theressa Kane, Tim McLain, Chris Mooney, Julie Paxton, Tim Sword, John Winnenberg, and Kevin Wood.
FAO staff comments.
Appalachian Ohio has access to nine times fewer charitable dollars per capita than the rest of the state. At FAO, we understand that a combination of local leadership and regional initiatives is needed to tackle this philanthropy gap that all too often means an opportunity gap for our communities and the people who call them home. One crucial way FAO has sought to address this philanthropy gap is by supporting the efforts of counties in growing philanthropy with the local community, for the local community, including the Community Foundation for Perry County.
Because we know that lasting resources dedicated to local communities is so vital to creating opportunities, 100% of your gift and its match to the Community Foundation for Perry County will be invested in the endowment to make a long-term, local difference in Perry County.
Make a donation.
In a unique Cause Connector opportunity, 100% of your gift to the Community Foundation for Perry County will be invested to expand the resources available for local grantmaking each and every year for generations to come.
While match is available, your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar. There is no limit to how much a donor can give for match