Morgan Community FundProject led by Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
About the Morgan Community Fund.
The Morgan Community Fund was created to assist the Morgan County community in growing philanthropic resources to enrich quality of life. All gifts to the Morgan Community Fund are invested in an endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO). From its interest and earnings, this Fund will make grants to support the community for many years to come, ensuring permanent resources designed to address Morgan County’s changing needs over time.
Our work together has already made a difference, and with further investment, our impact on the nonprofits, schools, and communities of our treasured county will only grow. Recently, the Morgan Community Fund awarded grants to organization serving Morgan County:
- MoCo Kitty Kontrol for the annual spay and neuter clinic for Morgan County cats;
- Community Action Program Corporation of Washington-Morgan Counties for summer meal site operation and nutritious packed meals for children;
- Malta-McConnelsville Joint Recreation Board for rescreening of the Malta Park walking path;
- Morgan South Elementary Care Team to provide clothing, hygiene resources, weekly food bags, and more for children;
- Morgan County Council on Aging for MoCo Senior Meals program to deliver food to seniors in rural parts of the county;
- Shrivers Hospice Foundation for Somebody’s Today Program to provide bucket list-type programs to those in hospice care;
- Village of Chesterhill for toward the Marion Park Basketball Court;
- Morgan West Elementary for Building Buddies to provide one eco-friendly buddy bench on the playground for outdoor learning;
- Morgan East Elementary for expansion of the Mentor Program to additional students and connecting them with enriching experiences during the school year;
- Mary’s House at Silver Heels for staff professional development;
- American Red Cross East Central Ohio for the Home Fire Campaign in Morgan County for installation of fire alarms; and
- Morgan Local School District for Aviation and Space Exploration materials to provide students hands-on STEM experiences.
Special match opportunity.
For a limited time, all gifts to the Morgan Community Fund will receive a dollar-for-dollar match!
Thanks to matching funds awarded to FAO by the Ohio Legislature, $300,000 is available for match to the Morgan Community Fund. There is no limit to how much can be matched by a single donor!
Help us secure match for Morgan County so we can make a greater difference together!
The Morgan Community Fund committee.
The Morgan Community Fun is driven by a local, volunteer committee. The committee works to ensure that gifts to the Foundation make the greatest impact in the Morgan community through meaningful grant awards.
The Morgan Community Fund committee is composed of Cinda Erickson, Sarah Griesmyer, Tyler Hickerson, Quincy Robe, Adam Shriver, Kelsey Wells, Richard Wetzel, and Mike Workman.
FAO staff comments.
Appalachian Ohio has access to nine times fewer charitable dollars per capita than the rest of the state. At FAO, we understand that a combination of local leadership and regional initiatives is needed to tackle this philanthropy gap that all too often means an opportunity gap for our communities and the people who call them home. One crucial way FAO has sought to address this philanthropy gap is by supporting the efforts of counties in growing philanthropy with the local community, for the local community, including the Morgan Community Fund
Because we know that lasting resources dedicated to local communities is so vital to creating opportunities, 100% of your gift and its match to the Morgan Community Fund will be invested in the endowment to make a long-term, local difference in Morgan County.
Make a donation.
In a special Cause Connector opportunity, 100% of your gift and its match to the Morgan Community Fund will be invested in this local endowment to expand the resources available for local grantmaking each and every year for generations to come.
While match is available, your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar. There is no limit to how much a donor can give for match.