Meigs County FoundationProject led by Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
About the Meigs County Foundation
The Meigs County Foundation was created to assist the Meigs County community in growing philanthropic resources to enrich quality of life. All gifts to the Meigs County Foundation are invested in an endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO). From its interest and earnings, this Fund will make grants to support the community for many years to come, ensuring permanent resources designed to address Meigs County’s changing needs over time.
To date, the Meigs County Foundation has raised over $1 million for its endowment fund that will be reinvested in communities across Meigs County for generations to come.
Our work together has already made a difference, and with further investment, our impact on the nonprofits, schools, and communities of our treasured county will only grow. Recently, the Meigs County Foundation awarded grants to organizations serving Meigs County:
- Chester United Methodist Church for the rehabilitation of its baseball field backstop and bleachers;
- Meigs County Council of Aging to build capacity for performing arts;
- Meigs County Farmers’ Market LLC, for its 2022 children’s program;
- Meigs County Pioneer and Historical Society and Museum to install an air purifier;
- Village of Pomeroy for a playground as part of the Children’s Playing Safe in Pomeroy Parks program;
- Village of Racine for Phase II of the village’s ball field improvement project;
- God’s Hands at Work for the mobile food pantry;
- Meigs Cooperative Parrish for freezer and kitchen items at its Community Kitchen;
- Pageville Freewill Baptist Church for the Keeping Seniors at Home with Emergency Support program;
- Portland Community Center for a refrigerator, tiles, and other floor materials for the center;
- Eastern Local School District for the Eastern High School and Middle School Band Instrument Program; and
- Eastern Local School District for the Eagle Pack Program to send meals home with students who have limited access to food on the weekends.
Special match opportunity.
For a limited time, all gifts to the Meigs County Foundation will receive dollar-for-dollar match!
Thanks to matching funds awarded to FAO by the Ohio Legislature, $350,000 is available for match to the Meigs County Foundation. There is no limit to how much can be matched by a single donor!
Help us secure match for Meigs County so we can make a greater difference together!
The Meigs County Foundation committee.
The Meigs County Foundation is driven by a local, volunteer committee. The committee works to ensure that gifts to the Foundation make the greatest impact in the Meigs community through meaningful grant awards.
The Meigs County Foundation committee is composed of Brandon Bartee, Frank Blake, Ryan Buckley, Susan Clark, Candice Hess, John Hoback, Barb Musser, Paul Reed, Charlene Rutherford, Jennifer Sheets, Laura Sheets, Linda Warner, and Perry Varnadoe (affiliated member).
FAO staff comments.
Appalachian Ohio has access to nine times fewer charitable dollars per capita than the rest of the state. At FAO, we understand that a combination of local leadership and regional initiatives is needed to tackle this philanthropy gap that all too often means an opportunity gap for our communities and the people who call them home. One crucial way FAO has sought to address this philanthropy gap is by supporting the efforts of counties in growing philanthropy with the local community, for the local community, including the Meigs County Foundation.
Because we know that lasting resources dedicated to local communities is so vital to creating opportunities, your gift to the Meigs County Foundation will be matched and invested in the endowment to make a long-term, local difference in Meigs County.
Make a donation.
In a special Cause Connector opportunity, 100% of your gift and its match to the Meigs County Foundation will be invested in this local endowment to expand the resources available for local grantmaking each and every year for generations to come.
While match is available, your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar. There is no limit to how much a donor can give for match.